MAC AND CHEESE
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 (12 ounce) block firm (not silken) tofu
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegesal or in lack of fancy product, just use salt
- 1 dollop mustard, optional
- 1 1/2 pounds pasta, preferably macaroni
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil water in a big pot and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Add all of the “cheese” sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan (about the size of a brownie pan). Pour the “cheese” sauce over the pasta.
3. Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy, about 15 minutes.
This is very simple and tastes amazing! If you are cooking for yourself, it will last about 5 days if you eat it for all three meals of the day.